Saturday, December 5, 2009

PC Wish List

After officially accepting our invitation to Guyana we have begun the final stage: preparation to actually leave the U.S. for two years. One of the questions we have been asked a lot recently is, "What do you need and can I get if for you before you go?" One of our amazingly resourceful and generous coworkers suggested that we post a wish list in the off chance that any of our friends and family have the items we want and need laying around their houses or want to get them for us as Christmas gifties. For example, our coworker had an extra sun hat that she never uses and she brought in to work for me. It is white, floppy and easy to travel with. I love it! So here it goes, our wish list:
 
Things We Need
Flash drives w/ covers (2)
Bandanas or balaclavas (2)
Money belt (2)
Water-proof /moisture proof laptop sleeve
Voltage stabilizer
Mattress cover (to keep the bed bugs out)
Photos- laminated
Key chain bottle openers (2)
Map of the world/U.S wall poster
Medical Reference book: i.e “Where there is No Doctor”
Teaching reference books: on methodology, literacy etc.
Case of Zip Fiz (powdered energy drink from Costco)
Luggage locks (2)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chelsea and Tim- I don't think we've met (I work with Victoria, and she posted your link) but I feel like I have in some way gotten to reading your blog. I would like to offer $25 towards any of the items you still need. Can I give a check to Victoria or is there a better way of doing it? Please ask her for my contact info.
    buen viaje y servicio! (yes I know it is not a Spanish speaking country)
    Kimlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kimlin! That is so thoughful of you. Tim and I have mostly everything we need and are practically ready to go. However, any little generosities will help on our way. If you wish, you can give my mom a check made out to me, "Chelsea Tibbs" and she will deposit it into our account. Thank you so much for your support. It means a lot to us to have such amazing friends, and friends of friends. Blessings, Chelsea

    ReplyDelete