Friday, October 14, 2011

Eulogy for an Uncle Lost

Earlier this week, I talked to my dad and he told me my Uncle Herm passed away last Friday. Uncle Herm had been a constant in our lives as far back as I can remember. I am not sure about his exact age, but I am sure about him being a good man. He was always quick to smile, quick to quip, but willing to listen, quick to laugh, but always had good, strong hugs. He was at every party for every child, nieces and nephews all, and even at the parties of the children’s children. He came to our family holiday parties, smiling, laughing, hugging, his navy tattoo bulging on the forearm that held his punch in slightly shaky hands. He would regale us with stories, hold a child or other on his lap, play with them and joke with them; always making me smile. His wife lives on, Aunt Marge, my heart goes out to her and their many, many years of marriage. I will miss him, but life comes, goes and all we can do is live the best we know how.


Much love to you, Uncle. My meditations and thoughts go with you. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment