Saturday, July 23, 2011

RED ANTS!

This morning was a typical Guyanese morning: I was scheduled to film the last sequence for the next episode of Health Watch but the producer had double booked himself and had to reschedule. No problem for me, I could have a leisurly morning with Tim. So, we made coffee mochas and used up the last of the Trader Joe's Peppermint Hot Chocolate mix that Lisa gave us. Then we decided to do a load of laundry. Sudsing, scrubbing and rinsing everything was no problem. However, when I went to hang the clothes on the laundry line I was attacked by biting red ants! There must be a nest in my yard under my laundry line because at least 15 ants crawled on my feet, and even hands when I dropped a clothes pin on the ground. These little bastards have a bite like fire! When I get bitten I swell up, then the bite turns into a blister and itches and burns for days. Today I got at least 10 bites and my feet and hands look like lumpy cheese. So NOT fun! I was glad I did laundry but so pissed off at these ants! How do I get rid of them/avoid them in the future? I have no clue. If I had rain boots I would wear them while I am hanging laundry, but alas, I will have to find another solution. Sigh. I do expect this day to get better though. Tim and I are taking a day trip into G/town to go on our 6th run with the Guyana HashHouseHarriers. Four more runs with them and we will be christened with a Hash name (something silly and crude I imagine). Looking forward to it, ant bites and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment