Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three Cheers for Internet!!!!


Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

So, I'm excited, what of it? We have our computer back and I can barley contain my contentment. I wanted to post a few pictures on some of our blogs and write another one.

While Chelsea has been doing law school applications, I've been working with some teachers using my manuscript. These last four weeks I've done professional development sessions with 13 teachers at least once a week. I've been going from school to school, meeting with the teachers, going over some strategies in the book, and then giving them homework to complete for the next week. It's mostly hands-on and strategy based with me modeling the strategies and then having them try to do it themselves. After the session they are suppose to practice one of the strategies at least three times before we meet again the next week. So far so good. Next week is my last week of PD sessions for the summer term, but I think I am going to try and do it during the school year.

We also had a 3-day workshop facilitated form a educational professor in the states. It was pretty cool. She did a great job. Some pictures are below. And some pretty pictures just for kicks.  

Methodology Manual


Teachers about to do a "Word Play" Skit, to practice their vocabulary technique


Teacher working at the Literacy Workshop
AmerIndians in Moruca taking the shade. I like their colours. 

Shell Beach Shot. Man I still can't get over how beautiful it was. 



Setting Sun. Guyana is amazingly gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment