Friday, June 1, 2012

A Note On Adjustments


It’s June. Time is flying by way quicker than the landscapes beside me. I am taking a Train down to San Diego for a quick visit to our old stomping grounds. I am hoping for a little fencing (after 2.5 years) and making some good brews with my amazing friends at the Beat Attack Brew Shack ™.

It is a little bit of a trip to be on a train and online, but it’s a wonderful way to travel; I don’t know why more people don’t do it.  Anyway, some good news Chelsea decided on a school to attend this fall. I would love to tell you but I’ll leave that for her.

Right now I am feeling the pressure of readjustment. I have spent the last two days looking for teaching jobs in the area we’re going to be living and I am a little anxious. It’s been so long since I’ve applied to a job so it’s been a bit of a challenge to get my mindset back into the classroom rather than administration. I’ve been thinking of cover letters, classroom management strategies, updating resumes, contacting references and so on. I’m missing the “Just Now” attitude of Guyana and struggling to get my head around the industrial military complex mentality of the United States; the societal pressure to do things now, rather than just now. It’s good and it is expected. But I am missing Guyana time, my hammock, and the leisure to just sit back a read a book. This too shall pass, I know. But until then I have to get back to work.

PS. I love public transportation! For reals!

No comments:

Post a Comment