Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Barbados Birthday Blog



When we were planning our trip back to the States for my Dad's wedding, we found that it was cheaper to fly through Barbados instead of going straight to America. Oh bummer. So we made a three day vacay out of it and I got to celebrate my 26th birthday under a rainbow in the Caribbean ocean!


Tim and I landed in Barbados on Wednesday, checked into our beachside hotel, hit up a grocery store for snacks (bagles and cream cheese!!) and tequila and then shared margaritas on the beach. The next day, after taking a quick dip in the bluest blue ocean, we packed a picnic and caught a bus to Accra beach. We spent the whole day lounging at Accra on rented beach chairs and swimming in the ocean. We ate Greek food for dinner and had daiquiris for dessert. Friday was my birthday! Woo hoo! I was a little sad when I looked out the window and saw dark storm clouds (the only sign of hurricane Irene that we had seen so far). I was hoping for another idyllic beach day but it didn't look promising. However, we decided to take our morning dip in the ocean anyway and when we walked outside we saw an amazing double rainbow stretching over the beach and landing right in the water in front of us. As I floated in the water, staring at my birthday rainbow, laughing with my husband, I felt so blessed to be able to experience such beauty.


We spent the rest of my birthday day at Crane Beach, which is, according to Lifestyle's Magazine, one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. It was beautiful (maybe not one of the top 10 in the world but pretty cool anyway) and secluded. The only thing around was a super fancy resort on the cliff above us. There was a little cliff jutting out over the sea that we could jump off (Tim note: worst idea ever, but it was rad and did it anyway!) of and rasta men selling rum punch out of coconuts. I felt like a movie star! At the end of the day, Tim took me out to a Mexican food restaurant. Our meal was so delicious that we ate so much it hurt.


Then, on Saturday, it was off to America and into the land of wedding planning madness. It was a great prequel to an amazing trip home. More to come on our Portland visit later...


Tim: It was a glorious few days; perfect in every way! Barbados we will miss you, but you've made our time here phenomenal.





No comments:

Post a Comment