Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Feeling Real

All week I have been in the Georgetown area helping out with PST. I received a call last week Thursday about coming down, and even though I had few plans for this week at site, I was able to pass them off to my counterparts and spend this week with the newbs. It’s pretty exciting since they will be swearing in on my birthday (April 13th) and boy, are they ready. I am super stoked because by the time I get back to site we will have a week left before we board a plane to come for our vist.

It’s Feeling Real!!!

These last few weeks, Chels has been really excited about our trip home, but me, I’m more of a visceral, present-living person. It’s not that I am not excited too, but my idea of the future stretches about 7 days or so if not less. (I think this helps things go quicker) In other words, I am not a super-planner, I go with what is in front of me, and for the most part it works out. But this is why Chelsea is soooo good for me she helps me think ahead and balances me out, so my schedules don’t get crossed or I forget to mark something down on the calendar. And, of course, cause she is amazing. :)

But now this trip home is within my “reality zone” and I can’t wait to visit family and friends and spend almost a month resting, vacationing and soaking up Americanism (which I hope does not include diabetes … Just kidding, I just read an amazing book on running and nutrition, and the western diet…but this is beside the point) We have a week and counting. I am at HQ right now, doing some work that needs to be done before we depart then back to training tomorrow. Can’t wait to see you all! Maybe have a pint or two.

1 comment: