Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What a Sweet Day!

Okay, YUM! Today our wonderful neighbor called us first thing in the morning to offer to cook us dinner since Tim had helped fix her computer a few weeks back. But since we were hosting the future Linden PCTs for dinner, we suggested that she cook for us another day, but she said she had already cooked and would bring us food by later.


I had a wonderful day working on the TV show with the producer, Gasper, and a new cohost (who is awesome!). We went to one of the nursery schools that is conducting the Be Safe program and recorded their wonderful lesson. The kids were energetic and it was obvious that they have learned a lot about body ownership (“My body is MINE!”) and safe vs. unsafe touching.


Feeling energized from good days work, I got home, read for a bit (working on finishing the Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) and was surprised when Sara and Tim brought food from our neighbor upstairs. I had quite honestly forgotten all about it! I was prepared to find curry or cook up or some other such Guyanese dish, but we were pleasantly surprised to find spaghetti, baked chicken and salad with ranch dressing! American food! We had lovely time enjoying the food with our new Linden Peace Corps buddies.


As an extra special treat, I zipped down to the gas station on my bike and bought a tub of cookies and cream ice cream that I had remembered seeing there the other day (usually it is really hard to find). What a delicious, sweet treat to end an otherwise awesome day. I have lots more to do in the next few week, but I am excited to get in done and fly home to the USA in 16 days! HOLLA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment