Monday, March 14, 2011

March Madness (and not the Bball kind)

So as our previous blogs have mentioned, Tim and I have been spending a lot of time this month away from each other helping with training. It has been odd living alone, cooking for myself and being left alone with my thoughts. I am glad to have Tim back today for the rest of the month. But, now that we are pretty much done with training we are both finding hat we have a TON of work to do in the last few weeks before we head to the States for our month-long vacation (eeekkkk, so excited!!!!).

I am trying to coordinate wrapping up the Be Safe! Program and set up a graduation ceremony for everyone who finished facilitating the lessons. I also have to record not one, but two, episodes of Health Watch TV show to air in April and May, since I will be gone all April and won't be able to film then. This is keeping me busy, but it is the annoying sort of busy where my plans rely on other people, so I can't just power though and get things done myself. It feels like a lot of hurry up and wait.


Another annoyance that has been causing me some serious irritation recently is the obnoxious tom cat that is pestering Rasta Kitty and stealing her food. We leave the sliding door open while we are out (the grate stays locked for safety) so that Rasta can go outside to pee and explore. However, if we leave food in her bowl, the tom cat will come and eat it all! If we leave the door open at night for Rasta to go outside, he will come in and fight with her. So, we have started closing the door up at night. I didn't think Rasta had a problem with this until recently I started fining puddles of cat piss in corners! She peed on my art supplies, so I move them off the floor. Then, last night, I heard her scratching, and jumped up just as she was peeing on a duffel bag of medical supplies! I was so ticked off! I think we are going to have to start keeping a litter box in the house again, which I hate! I so much like the idea that Rasta was an outdoor cat, but this bully of a tom cat is making problems for us. Ahhh!


This last week has been very, very rainy. It rains almost steadily all day long. I have not been able to do my laundry since it won't ever get dry. It is getting a bit annoying. I am also left very confused about Guyana's “seasons” I was under the impression that now was supposed to be the dry season. Yeah, right. I have pretty much resigned myself to never understanding the weather and chalking all the wackiness to living in the tropics.


I have been spending a lot of time this past week thinking about my family. It is hard to be away from home when my family is going through difficult times. I won't go into details but all my love and support goes out to my brother, Stephan, my cousin, Dallas, and my Aunt Ondi. May you all find comfort and healing in the love of family. I am looking forward to seeing you all in just under a month.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there friend! Just now (literally) you'll be with the ones you love. But in the mean time all the work you have to do will make the time fly by :)

    ReplyDelete